Sunday, May 30, 2010

They See Him Ridin', They Be Hatin'

Yesterday Dennis Hopper died. And I'm a little more distraught than someone who didn't know him ought to be. I've only seen four of his movies and that includes 'Speed' so thats really only counts as three. Yes, he had cancer, blahblah he probably shouldn't have lived as long as he did blahdyblah blargh. Still doesn't change the fact that he was dope. As fuck. And I think thats the real reason I'm mourning. 'Cause that man was fly, even at 74.

And we cannot ignore his iconic stache from his 1969 classic Easy Rider.


This moustache gets Hopper (Billy) and Fonda (Wyatt) in all kinds of trouble. I mean look at it. That stache knows how to start shit. What a flavor-saver that is. It's slightly lopsided and all kinds of wild. Perfekt. You don't need an upper-lip with a stache like that. noway, nohow.

But seriously, they get in deep shit for riding hogs and lookin' fine. And I don't want to spoil anything but people in 1969 apparently wanted to kill wild ones like Billy. I'd say its from repressed Christian angst and confusion caused by his and Wyatt's bad-boy charm. Heck, if I were a clean-shaven Christian from bumblefuck-nowhere, I'd be jealous too.

Here's a goodbye to Hopper, who we hope to see in stache-heaven.

<3bruiser


PS - remember that he will always live on in Swingvote

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...